1. 中国第一个系统介绍西方哲学的人是 ( )
A.王左良 B.严复 C.周煦良
2. 下列哪种说法是正确的？( )
3. 孟子三岁时，父亲就去世了，母子的生活处境更加艰难。( )
A. At the age of three, Mencius lost his father, he and his mother found life becoming harder.
B. Mencius lost his father who was only three years old, he lived a harder life with his mother.
C. At the age of three, Mencius lost his father, more difficult life found him and his mother.
4. 鲁四爷家的女工比勤快的男人还勤快。( )
A. The Lu family’s maid was hardworking than a man.
B. The Lu family’s maid got through more work than a hardworking man.
C. The Lu family’s maid did more work than a man.
5. 相互了解是发展国与国之间关系的前提。 ( )
A. Mutual understanding is the base of nation-to-nation relation.
B. Mutual understanding is the basis on country-to-country relation.
C. Mutual understanding is the basis for state-to-state relation.
6. 海的北岸有“五龙亭”，建于1602年，是封建皇帝钓鱼和看焰火的地方。( )
A. On the north shore of the lake have the Five-Dragon Pavilions, built in 1602, where the emperors enjoyed fishing and watched fireworks.
B. On the north shore of the lake are the Five-Dragon Pavilions, built in 1602, where the emperors enjoyed fishing and watched fireworks.
C. On the north shore of the lake locates the Five-Dragon Pavilions, built in 1602, where the emperors fished and watched fire.
7. There have been positive and negative effects for the Aswan High Dam.( )
8. No machine would work for long if it were not properly lubricated. ( )
9. I wish to thank you for your very gracious and eloquent remarks. ( )
10. Each Contracting State undertakes to adopt such measures as necessary to ensure the application of this convention. ( )
2. During the first half of the eighteenth century, England basked in a last Indian summer of village industry.
3. He was taken in a boat down the Grand Canal.
4. The Nile Delta fertile 8,500-square-mile triangle between Cario and the Mediterranean coast.
5. Till 1983, Chinese exports increased to $22 billion.
译：The basic principle for solving the problem of grain supply and demand in China is to rely on the domestic resources and basically achieve ______ in grain.
译：After the founding of ______, the feudal ownership of land was oblished.
译：He visited ______ when he was in London.
译：An equity joint venture shall open ______ with a bank on the strength of its business licence.
译：China’s offshore areas abound in seawater resources and ______.
1. China’s foreign policy is peace-oriented.
2. Animals become indefferent to their young as soon as their young can look after themselves, but human beings, owing to the length of infancy, find this difficult.
3. The annual flood of the Nile used to deposit as much as 20 million tons of silt on the fields along the river.
4. China’s rapid emergence as a major world actor is a tribute to the drive and entrepreneurial spirit（进取精神）of her people.
5. England was already the leading manufacturing nation, but the manufacture was cottage industry.
The immediate advantage would be that people could choose a plan that fit their own preferences, rather than having to accept a plan chosen by human resources. You would be able to carry your plan from one job to the next — or hold onto it if you found yourself unemployed. You would never have to switch doctors because your employer switched insurance plans.
The longer-term advantage would be that health insurance would become fully subject to the brutal and wonderful forces of the market. Insurers（保险公司,保险人）that offered better plans would win more customers. These plans that drew on places like the Mayo Clinic to offer good, lower-cost care.