1. 我国著名的不懂外语的翻译家林纾依靠别人口述来翻译，他翻译了很多作品，下面不是他翻译的作品是( )
2. 汉译英的基本功主要表现在英语的语言表达上，具体表现为三个方面：即 ( )
3. He is a slender man of more than average height with gleaming eyes. ( )
4. These three brothers were on a walking holiday in the Vale of Blackmoor. ( )
5. I particularly want to pay tribute to those who prepared the magnificent dinner.( )
6. When the oil is refined into petrol it is used to drive the internal combustion engine. ( )
7. 建于1756年的“九龙壁"是用五彩琉璃瓦砌成的。( )
A. The Nine-Dragon Screen, putting up in 1756,is made of multi-colour glazed tiles.
B. The Nine-Dragon Screen,which was put up in 1756,is made of colourful glazed tiles.
C. The Nine-Dragon Screen,put up in 1756,is made from five-colourful glazed tiles.
8. 中国的海域处在中、低纬度地带，自然环境和资源条件比较优越。 ( )
A. Locating in medium and low latitudes, China’s sea area have comparative advantageous natural environmental and resource conditions.
B. Located in medium and low latitudes, China’s sea area have comparatively advantageous conditions of resource and natural environment.
C. Located in medium and low latitudes, China sea area have comparatively advantages of natural environmental and resource conditions.
9. 合营各方发生纠纷，由中国仲裁机构进行调解或仲裁。 ( )
A. Quarrels arising between the parties to an equity joint venture should be settled through conciliation or arbitrition by the arbitrition agency of China.
B. Disputes arising between the parties to an equity joint venture should be settled through conciliation or arbitrition by an arbitrition agency of China.
C. Debates arising between the parties to an equity joint venture should be settled through conciliation or arbitrition by some arbitrition agency of China.
10. 中国在任何情况之下决不首先使用核武器。( )
A. At no time China will be the first to use nuclear weapons.
B. At no time will China be the first to use nuclear weapons.
C. At any time will China not be the first to use nuclear weapons.
译：Affective communications with others can reduce______ .
译：In 1889, May 1st was designated May Day, International Labour Day, at the congress marking the founding of ______.
译：______ was the place where the emperors of Ming and Qing Dynasties worshiped heaven and prayed for good harvest.
译：The basic principle for solving ______ in China is to rely on the domestic resources and basically achieve self-sufficiency in grain.
译：There are plenty of ______ in the art gallery.
7. Over a half billion dollars has been invested by US corporations in offshore oil exploration.
8. Weariness increases with the decay of vitality.
9. When the crude oil is obtained from the field, it is taken to the refineries to be treated.
10. Freedom from noise pollution has become public concern.
1. Many environmental statutes were so little publicized and so vaguely worded that their existence was hardly known.
2. Countless billions of minute sea creatures lived and sank to the sea bed.
3. Most of the less developed areas are rich in resources and have great potential for development.
4. China’s extraordinary economic progress has made her an increasingly important player in the modern international economy.
5. We believe that trade will enrich those nations who embrace its discipline.
Dr. Stephen of the University of Massachusetts reported a 20 percent decline in the hip fracture（髋骨骨折） rate for men and women in the 11-year period. The drop was so pronounced that even though there were more older people in the population in 2003 than in 1993, there actually were fewer hip fractures. In 1993, 225,000 Americans were discharged from hospitals after being treated for a broken hip. In 2003, that number was 209,000.
In Canada, there was a slight increase in the absolute number of hip fractures in the 21-year period studied because there were so much more elderly people in 2005 than in 1985.