1.This is the Prime Minister you know!( )
A. The Temple of Heaven, building in 1420 and covering an area of 237 hectares, was the place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties worshiped heaven and prayed for good harvest.
B. The Temple of Heaven, built in 1420 and covering an area of 237 hectares, was the place where the emperors of Ming and Qing Dynasties worshiped heaven and prayed for good harvest.
C. The Temple of Heaven, built in 1420 and covering an area of 237 hectares, was the place where the emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties worshiped heaven and prayed for good harvest.
A. China can basically achieve self-sufficiency in grain through self-reliance.
B. China can achieve self-sufficiency in grain through basic self-reliance.
C. China can rely on its own strength to realize basic grain self-sufficiency.
A.鸠摩罗什倾向于意译。 B.释道安主张直译。 C.玄奘倾向于意译。
6. “This is a great shame,”he said,to the two girls near him.“Where are your men, dear?”( )
7. I had to shove back that ridiculous hat again. This push, However, was the last.( )
A. There are more than 1,500 tourist, scenic and recreational spots favorable for marine tourism.
B. There are more than 1,500 tourist, recreational and scenic spots favorable for marine tourism.
C. There are more than 1,500 tourism, scenic and recreational spots favorable for ocean tourism.
9.Which one of the following is NOT true about Tytler’s Three
A. The Translation should give a complete transcript of the ideas of the original work.
B. The style and manner of writing should be as elegant as that of the original.
C. The Translation should have all the ease of original composition.
A. First Harvard, next the United States of America, this indicates its
position in the American history.
B. Harvard was founded before the United States of America testifies to its position in the American history.
C. The fact that Harvard was founded before the United States of America testifies to its position in the American history.
译文： In this way, I can render them better service and be friends with them and also reduce their__________ with other passengers.
2. Water had become the engineers’ element, and men like Brindley were possessed by it.
3. Standing on a sandy beach at the mouth of the Roseta branch of the Nile, I was puzzled by what seemed a ghost town.
4. Let me first address reasons for expecting growth and then discuss the problems.
译文： I must admit that __________.
8. If two metal surfaces are separated by a thin film of oil， the friction and heat are reduced.
译文： We will establish and develop friendly relations and cooperation with all countries in the world on the basis of __________.
1. When Chou En-lai’s door opened they saw a slender man of more than average height with gleaming eyes and a face so striking that it bordered on the beautiful.
2. During the first half of the eighteenth century, in the old age of Newton and the decline of the Royal Society, England basked in a last Indian summer of village industry and the overseas trade of merchant adventurers.
3. He died of a disease which is now rare, namely, having his head cut off.
4. It was on the tip of her tongue to reply tartly that she never intended to have more babies, boys or girls, but she caught herself in time.
5. As recently as the early 1960s, the phrase “environmental law” would probably have produced little more than a puzzled look, even from many lawyers.
1. First of all, Lincoln’s career fits a popular American belief that every child can dream of becoming President. Americans admire the self-made person-the one who, with neither money nor family influence, fights his way to the top. Lincoln was born of poor parents. His mother died when he was young. He had little opportunity for schooling. His early study was done alone at night by the light of a fireplace.