A. Meng’s mother borrowed a loom, began to weave for a living.
B. Meng’s mother borrowed a loom from somebody and began to weave for a living.
C. Meng’s mother borrowed a loom and began to weave for a living.
4. The great promise of trade is its potential to promote mutual prosperity.
A. Old Mrs. Wei introduced her as Sister-in-Law Xianglin, a neighbor of her mother’s family, whose husband died and so she wanted to go out to work.
B. Old Mrs. Wei introduced her as Sister Xianglin, a neighbor of her mother’s family, her husband had died and now she wanted to go out to work.
C. Old Mrs. Wei introduced her as Xianglin’s Wife, a neighbor of her mother’s family, who wanted to go out to work now that her husband had died.
7. They were beckoning mountains with a brown grass love.
10. In the spirit of frankness which I hope will characterize our talks this week, let us recognize at the outset these points.
1. Ignoring the chair offered him, Chu Teh stood squarely before this young man more than ten years his junior.
2. The Industrial Revolution is a long train of changes starting about 1760.
译文：The Iron Screen is a ____________.
4. British Association 应译为“____________”。
5. One’s own past is a gradually increasing weight.
译文：On ____________, the theatres were closed and the patron saint of actors was invited to the front stage.
译文：The ocean, which covers 71 percent of the earth’s surface, is a basic component of the ____________.
10. Chairman Mao has written, “So many deeds cry out to be done, and always urgently; the world rolls on, times presses. Ten thousand years are too long, seize the day, seize the hour!”
1. The grammar schools legally could only teach the classical subjects for which they had been founded.
2. They sat in front of a wayside shop, enjoying three of the best things in life along the Nile—tea, conversation, and the water pipe.
3. I believe Chinese economic authorities recognize the problem and the next Five-Year Plan will address it effectively.
4. The oil must be of the correct thickness; if it is too thin it will not give sufficient lubrication.
5. In that spirit, I ask all of you present to join me in raising your glasses to Chairman Mao, to Prime Minister Chou, and to the friendship of the Chinese and American people which can lead to friendship and peace for all people in the world.
1. It was about half past eleven when it happened. I was just walking out of the local library, having unsuccessfully sought employment there, when I saw a man walking across the road with obvious intention of talking to me. I thought he was going to ask me the time. Instead, he said he was a police officer and he was arresting me. At first I thought it was some kind of joke. But then another policeman appeared, this time in uniform(制服), and I was left in no doubt.
2. 第三条 合营各方签订的合营协议、合同、章程，应报国家对外经济贸易主管部门（以下简称审查批准机关）审查批准。审查批准机关应在三个月内决定批准或不批准。合营企业经批准后，向国家工商行政管理主管部门登记，领取营业执照，开始营业。